This may just look like a pile of slop but I promise you, it is one of the best dishes my boyfriend and I have made yet! It isn’t super healthy, due to the cheese but it is a nice alternative to pasta ravioli.
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Large Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Large Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
- Olive Oil
- 5-8 cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1 Pound of Fresh Squid Rings
- 1 Container of Ricotta Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella/Parmesan Cheese
- Spices: Oregano, Fresh Basil, Fresh Parsley, Pink Himalayan Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Cover a large pan in olive oil and set on medium heat. Cut the fresh garlic into large pieces and toss into the oil, once it starts to sizzle. Cook garlic until brown. Add in oregano, PH salt and pepper. Once the garlic is brown, add in the tomatoes and sauce and let it cook for awhile and soften. Once soft, crush the tomatoes and stir sauce. I also add some red pepper flakes to add some spice.
- While the sauce is cooking, shave large strips from your large zucchini. In a large baking dish, place two strips in a X shape. Take a scoop of ricotta cheese and place it in the middle of the X. Sprinkle some mozzarella/parmesan cheese, basil, PH salt and peeper. Fold each side over the cheese in order to shape the ravioli. Fill the dish with desired amount of raviolis.
- Once the sauce is finished, pour half of it over the zucchini ravioli and sprinkle desired amount of cheese onto. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the ravioli is baking, pour olive oil in a small pan. Cook the squid rings for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add squid to sauce and let it cook with the sauce for few more minutes.
- Once raviolis are finished, remove from oven and serve right away. Pour desired amount of squid and sauce over raviolis and enjoy!